This post is part of a series on how to create an online didactics curriculum for our residency education during the COVID-19 crisis.
Setting up a zoom account and logging in with it allows you to be automatically invited to meetings, go into breakout rooms and have your name appear on your image. You’ll need to do this only once. Everyone with a rush.edu email should be able to activate a zoom account. I did this on my wife’s computer and took screenshots all the way.
If you have trouble or find something works differently, please let Rahul know so we can update this page.
1. On your computer, go to https://rush.zoom.us
2. This will take you to the “sign in with your organizational account” screen with the Rush logo. Use your Rush credentials to log in. Press “sign in” or “sign on with SSO” (single sign on = use your Rush credentials to sign in to everything).
3. You’ll next be taken to a screen that asks you to pick the site you want to log into. Select “Zoom” from the long dropdown menu.
4. At this point you’ll be prompted to download the Zoom app. This is how it looks on a Mac. I suspect there’s something similar on Windows. If you are on Windows and can share screenshots, I can post those here.
5. On the Mac you can go to your Downloads folder or the Downloads icon in Safari. Click on the Zoom installer and go through whatever steps it needs to install.
6. When you open the app for the first time, it will want you to log in. Select “Sign In with SSO” (SSO = single sign-on = use your Rush credentials to sign into everything).
7. It’ll ask you to enter your company domain. Here enter “rush” to complete the URL to be rush.zoom.us.
From here it let me into Zoom. You should have credentials to do a lot of things which we’ll explain in subsequent posts. In the next, we’ll look at how to set Zoom up on your smartphone and then how to join meetings.